Before the explanation, here's some relevant information:
- Liven has been funded by reputable Venture Capilist Firm Mayfair 101 (see Crunchbase for details)
- Liven's business model is such that value is provided for Liven's merchant partners, Liven users and Liven itself.
- The LivenCoin (LVN) token system is maintained by the Reward Protocol - see more in the Liven Whitepaper
- This is also answered in short in "How does Liven Make Money?"
- All details about Liven's business model and economic model can be found in the Liven Whitepaper
Liven has a few parts to its ecosystem which ultimately revolve around transactions between users and merchants.
For users, Liven is a payment and rewards application used to pay with fiat and/or LVN, and for each transaction, Liven users are rewarded a % of their bill back as LVN.
For merchants, Liven is a payment & loyalty service with an always-on marketing solution built into it. There are no joining or ongoing fees for Liven merchants and for each transaction, merchants are charged a commission % of the total bill. This commission usually covers the reward rate plus a 5-7% profit margin for Liven which sustains Liven as a business. The specifics of Liven merchant partner contracts come down to what the merchant aims to achieve out of its partnership with Liven, and what is feasibly achievable through a partnership with Liven given both the merchant's position in the Liven network, and the Liven network itself.
If you have any further questions about anything to do with Liven or the LVN token, please join the conversation in our LVN Token Sale Community Telegram at t.me/livenpay.