For instructions on how to download and set up your Liven Account & Wallet, read the previous article in this collection.
Liven is designed to meaningfully reward you for getting out there and discovering the unique dining experiences your city has to offer. It does this by rewarding you with the LVN Digital Currency every time you transact and giving you full control over your LVN, whether you want to donate or tip it, or save it to send to friends or for your future purchases.
LVN is a valid payment method and donation instrument anywhere throughout the Liven Network of Merchants and Charity Partners.
Use Liven to:
- Discover restaurants and other lifestyle venues through intuitive search and map
- Pay your bill & Earn LVN instantly - no extra charge
- Use LVN to donate, tip, spend or gift
- Access the Liven (LVN) Wallet to manage your LVN and other payment methods
Discovering venues on Liven
On Liven, you will find a range of restaurants, bars, cafes and other lifestyle businesses. If you want to shortlist your favourite venues or places you want to go, add them to your favourites!
To discover venues on Liven:
- Use the home page to see what is nearby and sift through our editorial lists
- Use the search bar to search names, venue and cuisine types
- Use the map button to see Liven venues and their locations
Save your favourites
To have a venue or merchant stand out on the map and show in your favourites list, add it to your favourites! Do this by tapping the heart on the venue's page or card.
How can you tell if a venue accepts Liven?
The easiest way to check is to open Liven and search for it, alternatively you can ask the staff!
Paying with Liven & Earning LVN
Now that you've found a Liven venue and set up your account, paying with Liven and Earning LVN is easy! Just make sure your preferred payment method is selected.
Once you are at the merchant and ready to pay:
- Open the merchant's page on Liven and tap "Pay Now" - let them know you're paying with Liven
- That's it! The merchant will complete the transaction and you will Earn LVN!
Using LivenPay QR Stickers
You may notice LivenPay QR Code Stickers at Liven Merchants. You can scan this QR code to automatically open the merchant page to get you ready to pay.
Changing your preferred payment method
You can pay with Liven using your LVN or any Debit/Credit Visa/Mastercard/Amex.
To use LVN instead of your card tap "Use LVN Coin" - please note that any bill amount passed your LVN balance will debit your card.
Using a promo code?
If you're lucky enough to get your hands on a promo code, please check the terms of that promo code to make sure it can be used at the venue. Any amount exceeding the value of the promo code will use your preferred payment method be it LVN or your card.
Read more about promo codes here.
Donating to Charity & Tipping Venues
As above, upon receiving LVN you can tip the venue or donate it to one of Liven's Charity partners.
Upon receiving LVN, you can immediately:
- Tip it to the venue
- Donate it to Liven's Charity Partners
- Leave it to store in your Liven Wallet for future use
By default, non-donated LVN will be stored in the Liven (LVN) Wallet for future use.
Send & Gift LVN
The Liven (LVN) Wallet is where your unused LVN is stored indefinitely.
From the Liven (LVN) Wallet you can:
- View your LVN Balance
- Send LVN to others using their Liven @username handle
- Manage your payment methods
- View your transaction history
- Input a promo code
Read more about the Liven (LVN) Wallet here.
Using LVN as a Payment Method
LVN can be used as a valid payment method at any merchant or venue in the Liven network. This means if you're having a rough week, or want to treat yourself to something extra, you can use LVN to pay, instead of your card.
To use LVN to pay:
- Open the merchant's venue page on Liven
- Toggle "Use LVN Coin" ON
- Tap "Pay Now" when you are ready to pay
If "Use LVN Coin" is on, this means your LVN balance will be debited before your cards are charged.
Chat to us below or in-app, or email email@example.com